We are currently recruiting for the following posts:
DIABETES & RESPIRATORY NURSE
Part-time role: 28 hours per month (1 session per week - flexible working)
Salary commensurate with qualifications & experience
Fixed Term Contract: 1 year
Closing date: 31.8.2019
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an innovative environment and complement our primary care team situated in East Cornwall. You will be working in conjunction with skilled and experienced HCA’s, Practice Nurse and Local Diabetic & Respiratory Nurse Specialists, supported by our GP Lead in Diabetes and COPD.
Quay Lane Surgery are looking for an experienced Respiratory & Diabetes Nurse with strong clinical skills who is passionate about providing high quality care and is able to work autonomously.
The role involves:
- managing Diabetes care and its complications;
- Insulin initiation;
- managing COPD care and its complications;
- act as an advisory role to patients and doctors;
- to prevent avoidable admissions to hospital;
- reduce referrals into the traditional diabetes/respiratory outpatient services;
We already achieve the highest targets for QOF which you will be expected to continue.
We will provide you with:
* Flexible working
* Excellent support from our team of 4 Doctors, 1 Practice Nurses and 2 HCAs
* Purpose built building
- Proven track record and experience in managing patients with Diabetes and COPD
- Strong interpersonal communication and active listening skills
- Experience with computerised patients management systems
Apply with a letter and CV to: Mrs Debbie Todd, Practice Manager, Quay Lane Surgery, Old Quay Lane, St. Germans, Cornwall, PL12 5LH or by e-mail email@example.com by 31st July 2019.